Sunday, May 10, 2009

Bipolar Church Planting

Sometimes I feel bipolar when planting Awaken Community Church. I go back and forth with my emotions. One day I am exhausted from all of the long hard hours not to mention the spiritual, physical and emotional stress it puts on me and my family. The next day I envision families and generations changed because there was a church that reached out to them one day and loved them. It is day to day on how I am feeling and which way my emotions are swaying. I just have to trust in God and be under His leadership and protection to get through each day.

It takes faith and a lot of prayer to plant a church. I am also convinced that you have to be either crazy or called to plant a church. I praise God for what He has put on my heart and how He wants to use an average neighborhood kid like me to be a part of changing a city.

Please pray for me, my family and our core group as we continue this radical, faith building journey that God has put us on. Pray for patience, endurance, clear direction and an open heart to God and people. Pray for yourself to see if you should join us in anyway to be apart of this movement. To God truly be the glory for who He is, what He has done and what He continues to have in store for His church.

2 comments:

Sean Chandler said...

I'm at a two year old church plant which is in the process of a very painful leadership change. I know exactly what you're talking about. Some days all I see are the limitless potential of where we're at, but other days all I see are the problems and my failures. Over the last month I've received my strongest praise and my harshest criticisms. Being part of a young church plant is very bi-polar.

Justin said...

So true Sean. Keep pressing on.