Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Stuck, with the Gospel.

I feel like I am stuck with the gospel. What I mean is that I live in a very traditional and religious city and when I talk with church people about the gospel, I get a half-hearted smile and head nod as if they have known it their whole life. Yet there is no movement or passion in their eyes, much less their lives. Then I have the world that is hurting, yet many seem like they know they are hurting and open to truth, but are not ready to get over their lives to take on His life and His cross.

I think there are some stuck like me. Here is my encouragement to us. Be real, honest and open to the church people and the lost. Maybe by our lives and the genuine relationship with Christ in us, they might be moved. And two... live by faith. Going to church is not faith, its habit. Meeting someone and knowing their name and sharing hope is faith. Trusting in God that He would use you to change someones life for Him, is faith. Let's not walk by sight because it can be very disheartening in our city, but walk by a different life and different calling, a calling from up above. Make a difference before you die and do not let your life pass you by without having God moving radically through it. On our knees praying, soaking up God words to us and walking by faith. Lets do it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely put. Very encouraging to see someone your age so "into" the gospel. Thanks for the inspiration!
Mike R

Justin said...

Thanks Mike

Unknown said...

People may be moved by our relationship with Christ, but also by our relationship with people, individual persons. "Church is not faith, it's habit." SO true. I enjoyed this post. Good challenge, thank you.

Justin said...

Thanks Lk