Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hey little pimp, you need Jesus


I work at the hopeline many nights as I raise support to start Awaken.

So I get this thirteen year old kid that calls in and tells me that he is trying to decide which girl to date; he's got three to choose from. After I reminded him that he was thirteen, I asked him if he had standards and then asked him what it meant to be a Christian. He said an something that I had never heard before "you believe in God and only date one girl". Interesting thought. I told him that he cannot know God because he is separated from him because of his sin. I told him about the love of Jesus and how he could have hope in him. He said he wanted to put faith in Jesus. So he did.

After he accepted Christ, I encouraged him not to have a "pimp style" dating life, but to honor God and honor the girls he dates. cool kid. great salvation.

No comments: