Sunday, November 1, 2009

Get Your Mind SET!

So I just started P90X this past week and its kicking my butt. I threw up 20 minutes ago because I had acid reflux coming up. I guess I need to learn not to eat pizza and drink coke and hour and a half before the workout.

My goal is to change my mind and set my mind for action. I am trying to set out an hour - an hour and a half each day to do this workout. I obviously learned that I have to change my mind about eating as well. Someone said workout is 20% and eating is 80%. If I do it right, then by day 90 I will be healthier and ripped!

I think about my life and how I live. Just as I have to get my mind set on my workouts, I have learned that I need to get my mind set on life as well; on my relationship and time with God. I have been growing a lot with my wife lately by spending time with her and hanging out. How much more time should I spend with the God that made me. Whenever I get a lot of time in with God, the more I have joy, peace and love.

Not sure if you have these same struggles, but if you do join me and change your mind about how you do life and what you set your mind and your time on and in the end our God will say to you "Well done my good and faithful servant".

2 comments:

MRR045 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MRR045 said...

Hang in there Justin. P90X is a great "old school" workout that works... period! The concept of "muscle confusion" is great. It does eliminate the plateau issue that everyone who has worked out for any length of time will experience at some point.
A good diet high in protein, calcium, minerals and lots of water intake will give you good results. You must supplement with this program because our food supply does not contain enough of the needed nutrients but you do have youth on your side. ;-)
My goal is to get in as good of shape as I was when I was 22 by age 50. I turn 50 in May so I really have to get after it but I know I can do it!!
Hang in there and if you need any help give a shout out! And remember "For bodily exercise profits little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." I Timothy 4:8

Mike Roeser