Saturday, November 28, 2009

I Love my Church

I love my church. I have been attending churches most of my life and have been a Christian for 11 years now and I can honestly say that I LOVE MY CHURCH. I have liked many of my churches in the past, but I love it here at Awaken. Here is what I love about it:

1. The Gospel: It is preached; not weak or watered down, but just truth.
2. Music: I can relate to the music and worship God with songs that are relevant, meaningful and true.
3. The People: The people here at Awaken are awesome. Everyone is caring and real. They are the church, not a club.
4. Community Groups: I can meet with people every Tuesday night with laughs, food, the Bible, maybe tears and come away feeling like I furthered my walk with Christ.
5. The Place: We meet at the YMCA in Hixson. The Activity Center is where we meet. There is nothing amazing about it. It is small and old, but it is us. 
6. Age: Most people that do not go to church are between 16-29. We are 93% 29 and under. We are reaching the ones falling away. With that said, we need people 30 and above for leadership and wisdom. 
7. Mike Lamb: Mike Lamb goes to our church. Thats all that needs to be said.
8. Church Plant: We are a church plant, which means we can have new creative things that change the way people think and feel about church. 
9. Love and Honesty: Everyone loves and is honest about who they are.
10. Giving: Half of our money goes back into our community and missions.

I hope you have a church and love your church. If not, come become apart of us. If you do not live in Chattanooga I can network and find a church in your area.

1 comment: