Thursday, May 15, 2008

Why do I do what I do?

When I use to think of the word Pastor, and Preacher and Reverend, I thought that those were old school terms and kind of... well I guess just old sounding. I knew I wanted to teach and speak the Word of God to people for a living, but I did not want any of those titles. Not sure if it was because most preachers are 60 years old with White hair, or if it is because they seem so high up on the spiritual ladder that no one could really get to know them. Well I am not 60, I'm 26. I am not high up on any spiritual ladder. I am just redeemed by the God who made me, just like the next.

So where am I now? I like the term Pastor, because it is my job to Sheppard a group of people. To challenge, encourage and love them. I will accept that word. I am a pastor. I do what I do because God has called me to love Him and the people who I come in contact with. To love people, to really love people. So I do it. That is my job. That is why I do what I do.

No comments: