Thursday, July 17, 2008

The best day of ministry happened tonight!

Tonight was one of the best days of my life in ministry. I met two girls who knew that they needed God and did not deserve Him. I have shared the gospel hundreds of times and have seen thousands of students come to know Jesus, but something seemed different tonight.

As they were dressed in black and had their chains wrapped around their scarred marked wrist, the girls listened to the last message of a five day conference at our church. The message was entitled, "Engaged in Relationships". I spoke on 1. Our relationship with Christ, but primarily focused on 2. Our relationship with friends.

In our small groups at the end of the night, the girls shared how they felt "unwanted" and "worthless". One shared how she was raped and molested and likes to cut herself to feel something and to escape the reality of the world. The other agreed with cutting as she shared her parents referred to her as a mistake. They both said that they were a bad influence on their friends and wanted to be better.

These are the kids that I want in my youth group. They are real. These are the kids any youth pastor should want. Although they were not ready to trust Christ, I believe God is doing something in their hearts. I pray that He draws them to Himself soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!