Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Gospel Apathy

Growing up going to many churches, I heard the gospel. The pastors would share the same message about Jesus and throw in something a little different to "spice" things up every now and then; it was boring, stale, dry. I actually think that hearing it over and over kept me from coming to Christ. It was to "traditional". It was too "what you are suppose to do". Because of this I knew about Jesus but I did not know Jesus. I never saw the love and truth of Jesus.

To engage in today's culture and churches, we must preach the full gospel of Jesus Christ. That God came into the world and submitted Himself, as a man, under the authority of Roman officials to be brutally beaten, scornfully scarred  and unmercifully murdered. This same God, Jesus, died, was buried and resurrected (if He did not rise, then we would be apart of the most embarrassing religion of the world).

If you call yourself a Christ follower, I encourage you to preach the full gospel, in love to people. Love them, engage them and lead them to Jesus. Many believers never engage in a relationship, conversation or even show care or concern for an unbeliever. I look at my life and it doesn't look like I have it all together either. Get rid of any apathy you may have. Embrace Jesus. Meet people. Share Jesus.

No comments: