Monday, March 23, 2009

Wasting My Time

I have the potential to waste a lot of time. Well, we all do. I have been thinking lately how I can be more effective with my time and and taking action. Here are a few things that I am doing. Maybe if you are bad at time management some of these points may help.

I thought through this question: "What are the top 5 things that are important to me" Here they are and how I will rearrange my time to be more effective through my days.

1. Love relationship with God: This means I will take time daily and get to know the one that created me. Search Him out, study Him worship , adore and get to know and trust Him more.
2. Love my wife: Practically this means cleaning the house. She lives with 2 babies all day and can get depressed if the place looks like crap. I am taking action to help more and more.
3. Love my family: This means come home everyday and have designated time for them. Not for facebook, twitter, TV, Blah blah blah, but time just for them; laughing, playing, loving, teaching, leading and hanging out with them.
4. Loving people: Daily I think how I can love people. Now I will stop thinking and start doing more. Loving, encouraging, meeting and giving to different people daily and Speaking into their lives.
5. Loving My job: I need to plan out my week. I usually get up, do my thing, go to work and pick up one of the 25 things that I know needs to get done and start working on it. Instead of this A.D.D, ineffective method, I decided to plan out my days.

This is not just a good idea that I have had, but what God has been teaching me. Now I am changing things around so I do not waste my time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Justin,

Mark Love just sent me a Tweet about you leaving Twitter. I'd like to send you my e-book, "The Reason Your Church Must Twitter" for free. Before you sign off of Twitter forever, give this short 63 page e-book a shot and see if you'll rethink your decision.

Let me know an email account to send it to that can take a 10 meg zipped file attachment and I'll send it on its way.

Blessings,

Anthony

Justin said...

Thanks Anthony, but is wasting my time. It is helpful sometimes, but ultimately I feel arrogant always posting things about what I am doing. Need to focus on what is more important for me right now. I may be back one day.Thanks for the message.