Friday, April 18, 2008

Can Chattanooga turn to Christ?


I bought the God of this City CD and have been praying for Chattanooga for this past week. I drive from my house (in the Hamilton Place area) to downtown in the mornings to drop the exchange students off at Notre Dame High School. On the drive their and back I listen to the CD and feel like I came out of an awesome worship service when I get out of the car.

Can God really save our city? Everyone has heard of the schools and how bad they are. We hear of shootings downtown about every other night. Can God really redeem Chattanooga. I really believe so. I think that it takes prayer and concern for people. If we took all of the true Christ followers in Chattanooga and just loved people daily and showed the love and care of Christ, this city would change. Study Matthew and see how Jesus always loved and had compassion for the crowds.

Join me in praying for our city.

No comments: