Thursday, April 24, 2008

My kid is famous: Kylie and Jesus


It seems as if my kid is famous. We went to Wal Mart and picked up a few things. It was just me and Kylie, hanging out. It seemed like everyone stopped and smiled and said "Aren't you just cute". The guy helping us with our electronic needs at the Mart was making some weird "Habuchie Whoochie" noise. It was kind of annoying. Even a van in the parking lot stopped and said something.

What attracts someone that much to a 17 month old child? I think one thing is that she is pure, real and innocent. OK this may be a bad parallel, but what attracted people to Jesus? I think we can say He was pure, real and innocent too(among many other things). With Kylie what you see is what you get: A cute kid that says funny things, that is being herself. What about Jesus? He is a real man, doing amazing things and "the crowd" as put in scripture was attracted to Him.

Application: I need to be like Jesus and my daughter; be pure, real and innocent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts and good application!