Tuesday, January 20, 2009

In the community

I live about 15 minutes from the Hixson community (where we have Awaken Community Church). I love going into the community and meeting people. I am sitting at Panera right now (they hook me up with free Wi Fi, Thanks Panera). I met a lady named Kelly at the counter. We did not strike up any kind of deep conversation, we just spoke. I said thanks Kelly after she took my order. Saying someone's name is such a compliment to them. I hope to get to know Kelly more and more as I stop in Panera. I hope one day if she does not already know my Lord, that she will know Him. I hope one day her and her family can worship with my family at our church. 

In my community I also went to Hixson Middle School, filled out a facilities request form and am now curious to see if God would open it up for us to meet in. The principal and vice principal are very nice and encouraging. It would be a nice place to meet.

I encourage you to engage your community and the culture around you. Embrace the people and love them for who they are. Life change will start to happen.

No comments: