Friday, January 16, 2009

When We Go

I have been falling more in love with Jesus the last few months. I have learned more of what it means to walk by faith. I feel like I am closer to God. I have been praying a lot more. As this has been happening, I have been thinking a lot about life. What is my purpose? In that, I have been thinking of what happens when I go... when I die... when my purpose is over... what happens when Jesus comes back? What happens when all of humanity comes to an end? What happens to all of the people that are left that have not tasted the joy of Jesus Christ? Is there really a hell? Seriously? Are you telling me that there is such thing as a separation from God for eternity?

If so, then how shall we live? Do we stay in our safe homes and have our safe families tucked away in our comfort zone. Do we avoid eye contact, much less initiate conversation with a stranger at the store? If the first paragraph is true, then Christianity in America has to change. Christianity in my city has to change. Christianity in my church has to change... Christianity in my life has to change.

So what happens now?

No comments: