Thursday, March 13, 2008

Boulevard of Broken Dreams


"I walk a lonely road, the only one that I have ever known....My shadow's the only one that walks beside me...Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me." Billie Joe Armstrong, lead singer for Green Day, says a few statements that are so true for millions of people today. People are searching. Real people are really searching. Where are some answers for my life? Who will love me? We will listen? Who will give me their attention? Let me ask a question and let's be perfectly honest with ourselves. Can they come to any church in America and find what they are looking for? True Christianity would say yes. Our Americanized, "do church", ritualistic religion that we have made says "NO"! Times have got to change. Our social clubs need to burn, our selfish natures need to melt and our hearts need to be broken. Come on! Seriously, what are we doing? Pastor Wake up! Youth pastors... wake up! Christ following bankers, teachers, doctors, policemen, construction workers, secretaries; can we all get real for a minute? Our God calls us to make the most of every opportunity; so what are we doing? People die. People really die! Let's start really caring about people. As we go throughout our days. The gas station workers, waitresses, co-workers, the hundreds of people we come in contact with daily; love them. Please, let's get real.

No comments: