Saturday, March 15, 2008

Peace all Alone

I grew up searching for love. My parents were divorced; dad in jail and mom working up to 100 hours a week. I had to find love, self-worth and significance wherever I could find it.

Through friends, girlfriends; just people in general, if someone would pay attention to me I would feel accepted. This lasted a lot of my life and I sure there are still parts of my life that are flaws because of this, but I have come to a point where I have peace all alone with God and His Word. Where I do not need work or sports to make me happy or make me who I am, because He is enough.

All I need is love, love, love and Jesus is my love. He is my Christ. My Redeemer. My Friend. He is my self-worth. He is my significance. He is my identity. He is enough. There is peace when I am alone with Him.

No comments: