Friday, March 21, 2008

Jesus really loves people

I just finished reading the first half of Matthew making observations about Jesus. Here are a few things to note.

1. Jesus really loves people. He would heal the people who had faith in Him to heal them. Do I have faith in God to heal me in times of need. It was simple; they did not bring great words, or an offering to Jesus, they just brought their faith.
2. Jesus taught a lot. "The crowds were amazed at His teaching for He taught with real authority- quite unlike their teachers of religious law." Do I teach more like Jesus or everyone else?
3. Large crowds followed him everywhere.
4. Jesus said a lot about the Kingdom

There are many more of course, but these are a few that challenged and encouraged me.
Application: 1. Read a lot of God's Word daily; it's good. 2. love people and spend personal time with them, like Jesus. 3. Teach well, with real authority. 4. Are people following me? Is there passion in what I'm doing? Is what I'm doing or teaching worth peoples attention? 5. Do I ever talk about the Kingdom?

No comments: