Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wisdom is better than beer.

Wisdom is better than beer.

I love my wife. I think husbands should. Last night we were lying in bed and I was wanting to read what God said about marriage and our roles for one another, because I really want to love my wife more and honor her more. So we then turned to Ephesians 5. I wanted to pick up a little context so I read a little before the verse and then landed on a verse that consumed our conversation for the rest of the night. We did not end up talking about marriage, but about reality.

Verse 15 and 16 says that we are to "Be very careful then how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every oppertunity, because the days are evil". We were talking about reality in real life. Many people live as if reality is not real, and therefore live in an unwise way. Is it true that people live their lives in debt and are numbed by the effects? People attempt to get filled by the botttom of a bottle? People give themselves over sexually to whomever and some cases whatever they want. People are entrapped in their lies and have convinced themselves that their lies are now true. There is a world living in fantasy land.

If God is going to be most glorified in me when I am most satisy in Him, then the wise way to live would be to get rid of everything it takes or add anything it takes until I am satisfied in Him. People see in the drunkard that alcohol is most glorified in them, when they are most satisfied in it. They are living unwise lives when they look to stuff in this world to fulfill their purpose. I need to live in wisdom today. Today live wise. Live in reality. Wisdom is better than lies, idols and debt. Wisdom is better than beer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get hammered on wisdom... nice! I want to be a wisdomaholic too. Maybe we can get together drink it up sometime. We could take Proverb shooters!