Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hanging out with Kylie

From time to time Faith will run out and do some errands by herself and I stay at home with our 16 month old, Kylie. She is so sweet and funny. It is amazing how she will look at me and copy everything I do. I am amazed at how a parent has an incredible influence on how their kids will grow up and live their lives.

It is a big responsibility that I submit to Christ and look up to Him and ask Him for wisdom and strength, so that I can lead and love my family. Just as I lead my family daily, I need to lean on Christ and have him lead me daily.

I see Kylie copy the things I say. Today she was taking big bites of her (well my) cereal and I was saying, "Wow! big bite" and she would attempt to respond back in a typical 16 month old voice, "Wo! Bee bi" and then we would both laugh. I hope that I would copy my Father just as Kylie copies me.

No comments: