Saturday, March 15, 2008

Forgot to love my wife

Yesterday I said that I wanted to serve my wife. The day did not go so well. It's not that we fought or argued, but we were simply bored. It rained and I had planned on going to the park. Since it rained I never came up with another plan to love her and spend some quality time with her.

My wife has never read my blog. Never. Ever. I have read a few things to her, but she never sat down to read it. Well she read it yesterday. At the end I said that I was going to do something special for her. After she read it she said, "So what are you going to do that is so special?". "Gulp", she did not realize that my special day at the park had fallen out the window and I did not take much time to think through anything else to do.

Later on that yesterday evening I said, "I got it". You do not have to do anything with Kylie(our 16 month old) the rest of the night. I will feed her and change her and get her when she is crawling up the stairs and getting in to stuff. My wife is four weeks away from delivering our second baby, so I should be doing most of this anyway. But, she thought it was a great idea. SO she got the rest of the night off to relax, even though she was kinda sick. And I finally ended the day by giving her a message.

So whats the point? The point of the whole story for me is that when my plans fail to love my wife, I better come up with another plan. Even if it is small she will appreciate it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done, friend!